Monday, January 5, 2009

Getting My Big Start

Here's what I'm trying starting today:

1. Drink a nice big glass of water before each meal. I prefer ice water because the taste of water is not good to me unless I'm dying of heat in the middle of summer or just finishing up a workout. Other than that, it literally makes me want to gag.


2. Sprinkle lecithin granules into one of my meals. I prefer to sprinkle it into my instant Quaker oatmeal. There's actually a Weight Management box of flavors with Banana Nut Bread, Maple Syrup and Brown Sugar, and Cinnamon. I think they're pretty tasty and one package (120 calories) keeps me full a good 2-3 hours....sometimes more.

Sprinkle one full tablespoon in, stir and eat. The lecithin granules taste like cheerios. It's like dry cereal. You can put it in yogurt, cereal or anything else you think you can handle cheerios taste with.

It's cold outside, so I'm doing hot oatmeal.

3. Take one chromium picolinate tab a day.

Okay, so I'm no nutritionist or personal trainer or anything. I've simply picked up information over the years and a bit just over the past weeks or days and I have NO idea why lecithin granules or chromium picolinate are helpful, but my friend, Ashley, went to GNC, I think and some lady there told her that without even working out, just eating healthy and using these supplements, you should actually lose inches, so I'm trying it.

3 comments:

  1. OK, I should have read all the way to the bottom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned that a ice cold glass of water is better for you when you are trying to lose weight. Because of the coldness of the water,it makes your muscles work harder to warm your body up. Cool eh?

    ReplyDelete