Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Big Weigh In!

Well, it's been one week since I started this whole diet thing...and then a monkey wrench got thrown into the whole deal - I'm pregnant. But I'm determined to keep up the better eating habits and exercise, so here we go.

My weight today is 163 lb. That's a 2-lb. weight loss and guess what? I didn't even exercise the whole week. I was too nauseated to walk. I did eat regularly, though. In fact, some days I pretty much ate all day long.

HOWEVER, the difference was that I made better food choices. Here's a run down of what one of my days of eating looked like:

One 8-oz. glass of ice water.

1 bowl of cinnamon roll-flavored Quaker instant oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of lecithin granules sprinkled on top.

1 multivitamin

1 chromium picolinate tablet

One 8-oz. glass of ice water

Two handfuls of grapes

One grapefruit - no sugar

One 8-oz. glass of ice water

One low-fat yogurt

1 1/2 tuna fish sandwiches (on white bread - would have been better on wheat, but definitely better than my usual cheeseburger and fries)

One 8-oz. glass of fresh-squeezed lemonade (sweetened with regular sugar)

One 8-oz. glass of ice water

One handful of Cheetos

One handful of pretzels

One grapefruit - still no sugar

One 8-oz. glass of ice water

Homemade taco salad

One 8-oz. glass of ice water

One grapefruit - no sugar

One 8-oz. glass of water

So, there you go - I basically ate all day long. And yeah, the Cheetos weren't the best choice, but it goes to show that you can throw in some stuff like that occasionally and you're good.

And because I'm pregnant, I basically need to eat more than normal, so I just eat and eat. I think the keys to the 2-lb. weight loss with no exercise were:

1. The ice water.
2. The grapefruit.
3. The vitamins and supplements.

Has anyone else been trying any of these tips? Anyone else have any results or tips they wanna' share?

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I wish I were as fat as you. (I weigh considerably more than that.) :(

    ReplyDelete