Saturday, October 3, 2009

One-Week Weigh In

Yipee! It's that special time of the week when I get to weigh in and re-measure. Isn't this exciting!?

Yes. Yes, it is. And let me tell you why. I have some good results to share.

First, let me remind you of my stats from one week ago:

Weight: 164 lbs.
Arms: 11.5"
Waist: 39.5"
Hips: 45"
Thighs: 25"

And here are my stats now:

Weight 159 lbs.
Arms: 11.5" (yeah, those flappers aren't going anywhere for now)
Waist: 37.5"
Hips: 43.5"
Thighs: 24"

That's ONE WEEK!

I've been walking every chance I get. My workout partner called me on a whim last night and said, "Hey, wanna' go do a quick power walk at 7:30 tonight?" And I said, "HECK YES!" Any chance you get, you exercise. I dance around like an idiot with my kids as much as I can, walk as much as I can, and also I did throw in three sessions of kick boxing on my punching bag outside. But really, I shared the time with my workout buddy on the punching bag, so in 30-45 minutes, we each really only worked out 15-20, but throwing punches and lifting your legs and kicking that thing will work off some inches.

Now, if you DON'T have a punching bag, you can still do kick boxing moves in the air. Having the bag gives more resistance. However, there is a workout series called Tae-Bo, which I owned on video cassette years ago and it was also very effective. You don't need that either, though. My next post will be either pictures or sample videos of what I did this last week.

Happy Workout!

2 comments:

  1. You are my inspiration. I guess I need to get the measuring tape out cuz the figures blew me away more than the pounds. But the pounds were awesome!!! So I need to get off my tail, use this nursing to my advantage and quit eating so much, and just plain do something!!! Can I tell you I tried the celery drink and NEVER AGAIN! That thing was gross. But the orange/pineapple one rocked!!! Yum! Thank you again for you inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the celery one was tough, but you have to tell yourself "This is helping me" and then you gulp it down as fast as you can. Most of what I take into my body does not taste that great, but it's working.

    ReplyDelete