Monday, October 19, 2009

Ah Glorious Monday!

Every good attempt at something happens on a Monday. And this Monday is no exception.

Welcome to my RESTART of the whole exercise/weight loss plan.

I haven't lost any more weight. I'm still 158 pounds. HOWEVER, I did discover late last night that my thighs and waist are down half an inch, so Yay for me! I really don't know how I managed that other than the fact that I have cut all fat and cholesterol out of my diet as of last Thursday.

Here's the story of how I came upon this new way of eating:

One balmy October evening I paced the newly sanded floors of my mother's kitchen, gazing upon her tall glass jars filled with many wondrous delights; cookies and goodies and fake pears and thistles, Ferrer Rocher and a handful of whistles.

All right! All right! There were no thistles or whistles. But the other stuff was there.

I swear!

Anyway....

Suddenly! Something caught my eye! I saw the word "health" and that's just what I was looking for - better health. I spun around and locked eyes with it like a moth to a light. There it was, wedged between two fabulously yummy cookbooks - The Mormon Diet: 14 Days To New Vigor And Health. I cocked my head to the side and purred as I ran my fingers gingerly down its spine. I pulled it out slightly and read all of the wonderful promises on the front cover, promises like: Save money on your grocery bill, Lose weight, Gain energy, Save money on doctor and dentist bills.

I gasped and pulled it from the shelf, gripping it in both hands now. Sucking in a fresh breath of air, I hugged it tightly to my chest and, sighing, glanced about the room, searching for the owner of this book, working out a speech in my mind to persuade them to gift it to me immediately.

Alas! I was victorious! Upon achieving possession of this book, I drove home immediately and buried my nose deep within its pages.

Long story short, I discovered that my diet consisted mostly of fat and cholesterol and it was slowly killing me and also making it nearly impossible to lose weight. The first half of the book educated me. The second half is full of recipes, which I have been cooking from since last Thursday. It's a strict plant-based diet. It's a bit of an adjustment for my family who are huge carnivores, but they are supporting me in this new way of life and we have finally managed a compromise as of last night's dinner conversation.

THE NEW PLAN: Half the recipe will contain meat for my family. The other half will contain no meat for me and me alone. Oh well...at least the majority of their meals will contain no fat or cholesterol.

I am also starting my colon cleanse/Acai berry detox today, which should be arriving in the mail any second now. Now THAT I can still eat with. It's just a matter of taking a few pills with each meal. It's a month's worth as a free trial and I will give you a picture of what I look like each week. Starting with today. I will have my husband snap a picture of me tonight, which I will post on this very blog! And each Monday thereafter you will see what I look like because apparently I'm supposed to be dropping major poundage! So we shall see about that. I will continue to provide you with stats and now include pictures and we can all watch the results (or lack of) together.

So, to review, here's this week's objectives on my weight loss voyage:

1. Vegetarian diet.
2. Colon cleanse/Acai Berry Detox.
3. Walking and kick boxing 4-6 nights a week.

1 comment:

  1. You make it sound so elegant. I know that it was probably more like drooling, making grunting noises, shaking, and what not. Silly girl. I actually think I have that cook book. I will have to pull it out.

    ReplyDelete