Friday, January 3, 2014

The Most Effective 4 Minutes Of Your Life

Raise your hand if you hate working out.

I'm raising both of mine.

I do love to get outside and do physical activity. It's just the whole working out thing like, "Okay, I'm going to the gym now to spend the next hour or two of my life sweating my face off and causing myself to be in intense pain. I...can't....wait...."

Or putting on a workout video. BORING!

I'll never be a runner, which seems to be the latest fad. That's great for those  who can run. My genes do not allow for that. I tried it a few times, woke up the next morning with intense arthritic-like pain, called my father who had knee replacement surgery in his 40s and he said, "Oh no. No. No. You will never be a runner. Don't do that to yourself."

So I've power walked with friends and that's great - lots of great venting sessions, good exercise, but it never lasts. It's hard to coordinate schedules - especially when you and your friends are all mothers with young children and they have husbands who would like them to spend time with THEM in the evenings - not YOU.

In spite of my intense hatred for the above, I try to do it as much as possible anyway.

BUT, if I'm having a long work day, rough day with the kids, just not feeling like I want to spend an hour torturing myself today and there's no other opportunity for physical activity, I have discovered the following.

The 4-minute workout, which has been called the most effective fat burning workout you can do in a day. Go ahead, do your other workouts on top of this or don't work out at all aside from this.

But do this every day and you will feel amazing. And see results.

Only 4 minutes? Yeah, you haven't tried it yet. It's SO HARD!

Here's the run down: (The links show you the exercises)

1. One minute of  Burpees

2. One minute of Prisoner Squats

3. One minute of Push Ups

4. One minute of Mountain Climbers

Try it. I dare you! Just do this every day. It gets easier and easier to get through. I seriously doubt it will ever get to the point where you're doing it and hardly breaking a sweat or breathing heavy because the guy who introduced me to it who happens to be in fantastic shape and personal training is his life struggles to get through this without grunting and groaning and panting and sweating.

PS: I'm down to 170 pounds! I can't wait to work my way down through the 160s now!

No comments:

Post a Comment