Monday, January 6, 2014

Preparation Is Key

I don't know about you, but for me preparation is key.

If my diet is all prepared and easy to just grab and cook/heat, I have a better chance of sticking with it.

I do all of my shopping in one day and usually get all of my meat, veggies and beans purchased - enough to last me the week. Sometimes I have to run back and grab a few more things, but that's okay.

I can't eat my meat without some bold flavor so I buy these marinades for $1 or less at the grocery store. They help you out by telling you on the back which meats they flavor the best. These are some of the marinade choices. I love them all. Not pictured is Baja Citrus and Montreal Steak. YUM!


Next, I separate my meat into baggies. The chicken breasts are so huge that my son and I split those so I package one to a bag, but the hamburger, steak and salmon goes two to a bag. Then I pour a little marinade in each one and squish it around a bit, then seal the bag.

For this week my steak is marinating in Montreal Steak, my fish is marinating in Baja Citrus and Garlic Herb and Wine and my chicken is marinating in Chipotle Pepper, Garlic Herb and Wine, and Spiced Brandy and Herb. It gets me excited just thinking about those tasty marinades.

PS: I didn't mention hamburger because I totally forgot to buy some at the store. That's what I'm running back for tonight.


And finally, I pack everything in the freezer, except for what I'll be eating today. All of my frozen veggies are packed in behind. I've got peas, broccoli,and  brussel sprouts.


Every night before bed I pull out the meat for the next day and refrigerate it. It's so easy to just grab the bags of meat and veggies and a can of beans and whip up a meal.

2 comments:

  1. You mention, meat, veggies, beans, and water. Do you have a copy of the exact diet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you scroll down to my post from December 11th called "Four Times A Day" it lists the foods exactly as he lists them in his book. And that is all the instruction he gives. He just says, "Eat as much as you like of the above food items, but keep it simple. Pick three or four meals and repeat them.

    And that's it. That is all of the instruction he gives. I will be posting examples of exactly what I eat and how I prepare it in the next few posts.

    ReplyDelete