Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Try And Stop Me!

You ever feel like the moment you make a decision to go on a serious diet or attempt something major and difficult, the forces of evil show up and do everything they can to try and stop you?

That's what's going on right now.

I've got a deathly ill son wearing me down the past couple of days, which has now bled into the nights. Typically the only solution is chocolate and Dr. Pepper to get me through these moments.

I get to see my husband parading through the house with a 16-ouncer of the good stuff on a daily basis and not only that, but he seems to be placing them strategically throughout the house. Now of course this isn't true. He doesn't mean to be evil on purpose. It's completely accidental. But it's still evil.

And it doesn't stop there.

I've got my friend calling me wanting to know if I'm up for a candy run "for the kids".

For the KIDS?! HA! Right! Is THAT what we're calling it now? Like I'm gonna' walk into a store later in the evening after a very rough day seeking out candy for my kids and not get some for myself. Come on! Of course I purchased myself a box of M&Ms.

Hey, at least I didn't go for the medium-sized bag of Almond Joy bits, alright? That would have been my FIRST choice and were I not on this excruciating regimen to get myself camera ready, I would have gone for it.

You know, this isn't just a photo shoot I'm preparing for where editing can be done to make you look better than you really do in person. SOMEBODY in the band got a bright idea that we should actually shoot behind-the-scenes video footage of the making of our second album. Ever heard the phrase, "The camera adds 10 pounds?" That means I've gotta' be 10 pounds thinner than I want to appear on camera. It's lucky I even eat at ALL right now! If I could I'd stop altogether.

STILL - despite eating my little box of M&Ms...OK, and also half of my son's Reece's Pieces, which he very irresponsibly left on the coffee table last night and then went off to bed (he should know by now that's an extremely risky move - they're gone and there will be no apologies). Oh, also I took a small swig of Dr. Pepper that was staring me in the face when I checked the fridge last night. HEY! I was just doing a final midnight check of the premises - making sure everything was in its place. BACK OFF!!

Where was I?

Ah yes. I'm 141.8 pounds this morning.

Take THAT evil forces!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment