Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Four Times A Day!

That's how many times I'm supposed to sit down and eat a full meal. FOUR TIMES!

It's a food lover's dream!

Now, the food selections are severely limited, but that's okay. There's a binge day coming.

That's right. Eating whatever the heck you want one day a week is a NECESSARY part of this diet. You go from eating meat, beans and veggies four times a day to eating ANYTHING YOU WANT!

Ice cream, donuts, candy, soda. Now, I don't recommend that you consume nothing but sugar, but I'm saying, it's no longer off limits in that 24 hours you're allotted - actually, COMMANDED to take.

According to the Four-Hour Body, not taking a binge day is detrimental to your results and even your health. It can mess with a woman's menstrual cycle, to name one thing.

The Four-Hour Body book is 552 pages long. There's a lot of info in there. That means I still have a lot to learn, but I'll share it with you as I go...along with other info I've gathered from other places.

Let's talk about food. What CAN I eat four times a day from Sunday to Friday?

I choose one item from each list for each meal. The recommendation is to eat the same few meals over and over again.

Sounds kind of boring, but there's a lot you can do with these few ingredients and I'll share those tips along the way.

PROTEINS: 
Egg whites with 1-2 whole eggs for flavor.
Chicken breast or thigh.
Beef (preferably grass-fed)
Fish
Pork

Pork is not the most effective for fat loss, but if you  love it, you can have it.

LEGUMES: 
Lentils
Black beans
Pinto beans
Red beans
Soybeans

VEGETABLES: 
Spinach
Mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower or any other cruciferous vegetable)
Sauerkraut
Asparagus
Peas
Broccoli
Green Beans

Now, the deal is, you eat every four hours - four times a day. The guy who wrote the book is a night owl so his day begins and ends on a completely different schedule from most normal people with a regular 9 to 5 job or people with children.

So here's MY schedule, which is just like his schedule, except it begins and ends earlier.

**These are double portions, by the way, because my son and I are on it together.

8:00 AM - Breakfast. Yesterday I cooked fresh spinach leaves in the pan until it was wilted, scrambled 6 eggs (4 egg whites, 2 with yolks) on top of it, dumped in about a half cup of salsa and a can of black beans and heated it through. It's delicious!

12:00 - Lunch. Yesterday I brushed white vinegar on two thin sliced steaks and sprinkled on some steak seasoning. I just cooked them in a pan with some light butter spray. I boiled 1/2 pound of brussel sprouts in chicken broth and garlic, and I heated a can of kidney beans.

2:00 - Run around park chasing kids for one hour.

4:00 - Second lunch. I cooked two small salmon fillets in white wine and garlic stovetop, made the brussel sprouts again, and kidney beans again.

8:00 - Dinner. I cooked one chicken breast for John and I to split in balsamic vinaigrette stovetop, cooked some broccoli, and a can of pinto beans.

So that's it. Eat four times a day, drink lots of water and do something physical for one hour (He calls it recreation or sports training).

Seems simple enough.

Two days into the diet I've lost 4 pounds and it's only 4 pounds, but I just FEEL skinnier.


No comments:

Post a Comment